My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am married to a sexy man!! (who is setting up my profile, ha ha.)

Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Expectant Knitter


Dg and I were on our Borders magazine reading extravaganza date (:) ) and I found this intriguing book called the Expectant Knitter by Marie Connolly. I just love making gifts for friends having babies: it has been quite cathartic and also a great way to love on others and join in on their joy. I feel fruitful when i knit or crochet for someone. So, I picked up this book looking for some neat ideas of blankets to make for my pregnant friends, and was so surprised to read this little note in the book:

"What if I'm adopting a baby? This process can be frustrating and confusing but definitely worth the effort...prepare to wait. This step is difficult. Waiting periods can range from 6 months to 5 years. Just remember your waiting for a precious gift, and in the end it is worth it. Think of all the knitting you'll get done."

This just made me smile. I wrote it down in my pink catch all journal to blog. I still haven't started knitting 'our' babies' blanket...but baby steps, right? I'm smiling and treasuring the thought in my heart for a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Momma said...

I love this! I remember when we were TTC, waiting, praying. I can't remember how many blankets I knit for friends' babies. It was such a blessing, as you said. Then finally it dawned on me to start one for our baby, even though there was no baby in sight and we didn't know when or how that baby would come to us. The process was so full of blessing for me. With each stitch I'd pray for our future children and for us as we waited. Your children will love to hear the story of how you made them something "by faith" before you even knew them. I know Karis, our oldest, loves to hear the story of her blanket.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home