My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am married to a sexy man!! (who is setting up my profile, ha ha.)

Friday, April 07, 2006

Riley and Lammie

Every Wednesday night the youth meet for what we call 'Kneemail': basically, a time for us to share prayer requests and send people cards. Scott and his 3 year old daughter,Riley, join us every Wednesday. Riley loves Jesus. She walks in every week with her cute stuffed friend, Lammie, and sits in a room full of teenagers and teaches us lessons on prayer and devotion and faith that I think preach more loudly than any lesson I could ever teach.

I love to watch her pray. She just closes her eyes, holding the big hands on either side of her, and prays straight to God. This Wednesday, we closed in prayer and Riley had one of the youth hold Lammie's hand.....I stood in a circle with Lammie and Riley and she prayed to God. I feel His presence when she prays. It was a holy moment.

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Riley amazes me. When we pray at dinner or at bed time. She really prays from her heart. She will pray for people that I had no idea she was thinking about. Tonight at dinner she prayed that God would wrap his arms around Chad and Papa. She also asked God to help us all feel better. I about fell out of my chair. I truely believe my daughter is a believer. I pray everyday that God will hold her close to him. Thank you for the great post about Riley and Lammie.

9:16 PM  
Blogger DGH said...

He is Risen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home